Vision defined: A clear mental image in ones mind’s eye of the way things could and should be in the days ahead.
Vision connotes a visual reality! It is a portrait of conditions that currently do not exist, but one day will. Why? Because they need to!
- We can see a church that is bold & creative, powered by the Holy Spirits gifts to do whatever it takes to reach Weatherford and the surrounding region for Jesus Christ.
- We can see a church where the Word of God is foundational and is preached with relevancy and power yet is practical and applicable for today.
- We can see a church where the worship is truly anointed and contemporary in such a way as to lead us into God’s transformational presence and power.
- We can see a church where believers & non-believers can come connect in relationships in both home Bible study groups and classes offered by GCF. These Bible Studies groups and classes will help people grow in their understanding of God’s Word as well develop meaningful, loving relationships among the church community.
- We can see a church filled with the unconditional, sacrificial, unmeasurable, inseparable and eternal LOVE OF GOD!
- We can see a church that deeply appreciates the Gifts of the Holy Spirit and earnestly desires them to be functioning in our personal lives and ministries.
- We can see a church that exists and has effectual ministries to reach people of “All” ages, from young children to teenagers, to young adults, families as well as those in retirement.
- We can see a church that focuses on helping and healing the broken and hurting as a result of its genuine love and compassion for those in need.
- We can see a church that is burning with missionary zeal to reach out to the lost both at home and abroad and that “sends out” & “commissions” anointed believers that take the gospel into the world.
- We can see a church that is financially strong, debt free and giving generously to Missions.
- We can see a church with a new beautiful 500-700 seat Sanctuary sitting on the property, filled with God’s people, worshipping and exalting Jesus Christ.
- We can see a church with a Prayer and Healing Chapel that provides a place for intimacy with God and for his miraculous hand to heal the sick.
- THIS IS OUR VISION!
… And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved, (Acts 2:47).
I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase, (1 Cor. 3:6-7).
Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; Unless the LORD guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain, (Psalms 127:1).
Go therefore[a] and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age, (Matt. 28:19-20).
But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth, (Acts 1:8).
“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets, (Matt. 22:36-40).
In Christ’s love
Pastor Donn Jibben